If a foreign national has passed the equivalent qualifying examination from an Indian University/Institution he/she shall have to qualify the Entrance Test.
A provision to the extent of 15% supernumerary seats for foreign national shall be made for admission in the various courses available in Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, provided they fulfill the following conditions :
• That they fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
• That the applications of scholarship holding foreign nationals (under various schemes) are routed through Indian Council for Cultural Relations/Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education), Government of India.
• That they have valid residential permit/visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned course.
• That they antecedents of the candidate have been verified by the forwarding Agencies/Ministry and found in order.
• That they have adequate knowledge of English and/or Hindi as per requirements of the course.
• That the degree/certificates of the candidates have been approved by the Association of Indian University (AIU)/Commonwealth University/International Association of Universities (IAU) as equivalent to the corresponding degrees /certificate of the AIU.
• In addition to the normal charges, a foreign national shall also pay the prescribed tuition fee and other University fees (which may differ from course to course) at the time of admission. Such fees, thus fixed for and to be realized from the Government nominated and self-financing candidates shall be paid in US Dollar (US$) or Indian currency shall be decided by the NNM from time to time.
• Since candidates under supernumerary quota shall be from different foreign nationals, the inter-se merit as decided by the Admission Committee of the NNM shall be deemed as final.
• Only the degrees/certificates recognized by AIU shall be deemed as equivalent degree.