Manuscript Resource Centre (MRC)
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, Nalanda was founded to revive glory of the Old Nalanda Residential University and also to contribute to the revival of Buddhism in India in the year 1951. Gradually Mahavihara progressed and was granted Deemed status in the year 2006. Before 2006, taking its importance and past glory, National Mission for Manuscripts, New Delhi gave permission to start an MRC in 2005 for commissioning tasks of Survey, Listing, Cataloging and Awareness Campaigns of Manuscripts. Since then about 8 (eight) Surveyors have worked for the MRC, NNM, Nalanda. About 35, 443 (thirty five thousand four hundred forty-three) data related to different Manuscripts written on Palm leaf, Clothes and Wooden tablets,Copper plates etc. have been collected and those have already been sent to National Mission for Manuscripts through “Manus” software.
MRC, Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, Nalanda has already arranged one Manuscript Week in the year 2007, one Advanced Level Workshop in the year 2011 two Manuscripts Awareness Programmes for generating awareness about Manuscripts and Paleography in this financial year.
- MRC = Manuscript Resource Centre
- NNM = Nava Nalanda Mahavihara
- NMM = National Mission for Manuscripts
For more information please :
Dr. Dhamma Jyoti
Contact no. – +91 9654629588.